Lab Workshops for Science Teachers Hosted By the Mississippi School for Mathematics and Science
The Mississippi School for Mathematics and Science is pleased to offer the state of Mississippi’s only LAB-BASED workshop for middle and high school teachers!
MSMS is home to some of the country’s best and most cutting-edge science educators. All MSMS faculty members hold at least a Master’s degree in their subject areas or above, and all are multi-year veterans of lab-based classrooms. For nearly 30 years, MSMS has been a national leader in STEM education. Now, the faculty of MSMS wishes to share their expertise and experience with science teachers from all corners of the Magnolia State.
- When: June 5-9, 2017
- Where: The campus of the Mississippi School for Mathematics and Science in Columbus, Mississippi.
- Eight different LAB-BASED workshops are available.
- CEU's are available and included in the registration fee.
- Each five-day, three hour session is $500 or $750 for two sessions.
Participants will learn how to design simple and cost-effective labs for middle and high school students in the fields of chemistry, biology, physics, and computer science that will enrich and enhance the instruction of the participants’ students.
During the course of the workshops, teachers will learn lab designs and techniques that will:
- Provide meaningful, inquiry-based experiments
- Reinforce laboratory skills, data collection, and analysis.
- Adapt to all student levels; from lab beginners to advanced students.
- Align to the College and Career Readiness Standards.
- Use affordable and readily available supplies.
A full list of all courses, along with descriptions, is available on this website. You may also register here. For more information or for questions, please contact MSMS Director for Academic Affairs Kelly Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 1-800-400-4656.
Please make all checks payable to MSMS. You may mail your check to:
Attn: Kelly Brown
1100 College Street
Columbus, MS 39701