Fall Preview Day will wrap up with a question and answer session following the Parent Discussion Panel/Student Tours.
From 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm, parents and families will be taken on a tour of the MSMS campus while students interested in the school will enjoy a panel discussion hosted by current MSMS students.
During this time, you will hear from the administrators and members of the MSMS Executive Leadership team.
- Dr. Germain McConnell, MSMS Executive Director
- Mrs. Kelly Brown, Director for Student Affairs
- Dr. Heather Hanna, Director for School Advancement
- Mr. Rick Smith, Director for Student Affairs
- Mr. Andy Rhea, Coordinator for Technology
- Mr. Wade Leonard, Coordinator for Public Relations, Alumni Affairs, and Admissions
- Dr. Thomas Easterling, Faculty Advisor
During the 12:00 to 1:00 pm registration time, MSMS will provide entertainment and presentations you won't want to miss! Displays and performances from the MSMS Blue Notes, Tales From the Crypt, Mu Alpha Theta, and more will be on display! So plan to get to campus early!
Parents will return to Nissan after touring the school to attend a panel discussion led by current parents of current MSMS students. During this time, prospective students will have the opportunity to tour the campus.
Following the Student Tours and Parents Discussion Panel, everyone will meet back in Nissan Auditorium for a wrap-up and Q&A.
During the Parents Discussion Panel, students will be taken on tours of the MSMS campus.
Parents will be able to ask questions and interact with parents of current MSMS students. During this time, students will be taken on tours of the MSMS campus.
During the Student Discussion Panel, parents will be taken on a tour of the MSMS campus.
Students will be able to ask questions of current MSMS students in Nissan Auditorium. During the Student Discussion Panel, parents will be taken on campus tours.
The welcome and overview will take place in Nissan Auditorium. Parents and students will be introduced to the following members of the MSMS Administration and staff:
- Dr. Germain McConnell, Executive Director
- Kelly Brown, Director for Academic Affairs
- Joey Herring, Technology Coordinator
- Wade Leonard, Coordinator for Alumni and Public Relations
- Rick Smith, Director for School Advancement
- Tanya Walker, Director for Student Affiars
As students arrive to campus, they must register for Fall Preview Day at Nissan Auditorium. Students who pre-registered online can pick up their MSMS t-shirts here.
During registration, students and parents will have the opportunity to be entertained by the following MSMS programs:
- The MSMS Blue Notes
- Literary Reading from MSMS seniors Laurel Lancaster and Carly Sneed
- Organic Chemistry demonstration
- Tales From the Crypt Performance
- Mathematics: MAO
- Voices in Harmony Performance
- The MSMS Drawing/Painting Classes
The day will end with everyone returning to the auditorium for a few final words and a question and answer session.
Parents will return to Nissan Auditorium to participate in a panel of current MSMS parents. During this panel, students will be taken on a tour of the MSMS campus.
Students will remain in the Nissan Auditorium and participate in a panel of current MSMS students. During this panel, parents will be taken on a tour of the MSMS campus.
Students and their families will undergo their first session at the Nissan Auditorium. During this session, the MSMS administration will welcome all of our FPD participants as well as introduce themselves. The rest of the layout of the day's activities will be explained during this session.
Fall Preview Day Registration will be held in Hogarth Auditorium on the campus of the Mississippi University for Women's Student Union. Hogarth is located directly across the street from Hooper Academic Building, the main academic building for MSMS. Students who pre-registered can pick up their free t-shirts during the regular registration process. If you have questions or need directions, please call 1-800-553-6459 or email us at email@example.com